Wednesday, May 18, 2011

365 Days With Kiddos - #31 - Jump into Puddles



Time to jump back into blogging with both feet. I feel badly that I have not been writing on a regular basis. Life is like that, eh? My mind is often on my blog but it is not always possible to make the time to write. I have been creating a lot of new art and have been travelling to see family all month. I saw one of my good friends last week and she had some nice things to say both about my blog and about 365 Days With Kiddos. It is time to add some more...


#31 - Jump into Puddles. Go ahead. Jump in with both feet. Put on your Wellies, rain boots, rubber boots, whatever you and the kiddos call them, and go jump in a puddle. If it is warm enough, go barefoot. If you are like us, there are many puddles around from the melting snow. Or you may have to wait until after a rain storm. Rather than dread the rain welcome it as it turns everything green and waters the gardens. Then, jump, splash, and play in the puddles!


Come on, Moms and Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas, get in the puddles with your kiddos, instead of telling them to stay out of them. Pretend that you are walking on water, or play a game that depends upon the size of the puddle, such as pretending to a frog crossing a big lake, or to be a large animal stepping over ponds. Watch your child experience pure joy as they splash knowing that it is ok. Turn a leaf into a boat. Throw pebbles into the puddle. Experiment with nature items to see if they sink or if they float. Talk about the water. There will be plenty of giggles, and when you are all done, go inside, have a warm bath, and draw a picture of the fun you had, or maybe write poem.

How do you have fun in puddles? I would love to hear your ideas. Please leave a comment below.

Before I sign off, here are a few good books about puddles...


Mud Puddle was the first book ever written by Robert Munsch.

No comments: